UPDATE on Sida's Evaluation Framework Agreement
NCG has been awarded three new assignments within this framework agreement.
Mid-term Review of Sida support to BIRN Albania (Balkan Investigative Reporting Network Hub).
The main objective is to assess the progress of Strategic Plan of BIRN Albania 2018-2020 and provide recommendations to BIRN Albania and the Embassy for the remaining agreement period.
The tasks to be performed includes, but are not limited to:
- Review the progress made in achieving the strategic objectives and assess to what extent Sida core support has contributed to these achievements
- Assess the effectiveness of BIRN Albania measures inmanaginginternal and external risks
- Identifysuccess stories of impact made by BIRN Albania: 1) change in citizens’ awareness and understanding due to BIRN Albania’s informative work and 2) how investigative work have produced an impact beyond the audience/citizens
- Identify examples on how BIRN Albania support and mentoring to local journalists have contributed to improved editorial and journalism skills
Evaluation of the prioject "Improving Land Management and Urban Development in the Republic of Belarus"
The project contributes to development of land administration sector in the Republic of Belarus. The main objective is to assess the results achieved by the project, focusing on the following:
- to frame and summarise lessons learned
- to evaluate the outcomes of the project on strengthening the influence of civil society in the area of land administration and urban development, improving the system of mass formation and mass valuation, improving the procedures for real property taxation, and improving urban spatial planning by involving civil society and using new approaches
- to evaluate the extent, to which the project has improved the cooperation among the beneficiaries of the project
- to look ahead and provide recommendations for a possible new project phase
Evaluation of the project "A Strengthened Private Sector and an Improved Functioning of the Employment Services in Belarus"
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to a better business climate, increased levels of investment, sustained growth, and a stronger private sector, which is essential for the economic development in Belarus. The project is divided into three main outcomes:
- Extended labour market information, aimed at strengthening relations with employers, in particular within the private sector
- Improved service to job-seekers, including vulnerable groups, through the development of new working-methods at PES
- New information and communication strategy for PES developed and implemented
All three assignments will be implemented in collaboration with consortium partner, NCG Sweden.
Information about the framework agreement below:
NCG is excited to announce that Sida Framework Agreement for Evaluation services has just come into effect September 1, 2019
The Framework commissions two types of evaluations. First, centralized strategic evaluations that focus on thematic areas, approaches, policy implementations etc., of value to the entire organization. Second, decentralized evaluations which are often closely linked to the implementation of interventions under the country strategies.
Evaluations under this framework agreements include all types of evaluations:
- Respect to purpose (summative, formative; for accountability, for learning etc.)
- Evaluation object (project, programme, strategy, policy, method etc.)
- Part of the “result chain” considered (process, output, outcome or impact)
- Timing (mid-term, end-term, ex-post etc.)
- Approach (quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods etc.)
- Other evaluation related services may include, but are not limited to evaluation pre-studies; evaluability studies; evaluation approach and methodology studies; synthesis and summary reports etc.
We are very much looking forward to starting the work.