Nordic Consulting Group is looking for its next Intern, spring 2020
As an intern in Nordic Consulting Group (NCG) you will be part of an exciting cross-disciplinary international consultancy company that carries out consultancy assignments in developing countries with a special focus on Africa, Asia and Latin-America (www.ncg.dk). NCGs core competences lie within Governance, Climate & Environment, Growth & Development, and Fragile and Post-conflict States. We carry out assignments on behalf of international donors such as Danida, Sida, EU, the World Bank and the UN, as well as various local and international NGOs.
NCG is looking for an intern who is interested in development aid and who would like to gain insight and skills in project acquisition and project management. The intern will be working closely with our project managers, and the assignments will be of varying character with a primary focus of:
- Acquisition and coordination of tenders
- Assisting in the drafting of proposals for potential donors
- Daily communication with donors and international and national consultants
- Preparation of contracts
- Updating and managing NCG’s website
- Updating and managing NCG’s CV database
- Ad hoc secretariat assignments
Besides being an outgoing person with great communication skills, we expect that:
- You are at the final year of your Bachelor’s degree or doing your Master’s degree in a relevant field (it is an advantage if you have more than a year left of your education).
- You have working experience from former student jobs or internships.
- You have strong administrative skills and a structured approach to your work.
- You are used to prioritizing tasks and keeping deadlines.
- You are interested in development aid, and this interest is reflected in your education and professional experience.
- You are a positive, solution oriented person with a substantial drive.
- Your proficiency in Danish and English is excellent, both orally and written (Good French/Spanish skills will be an advantage).
Personal development and professional experience:
We offer a comprehensive insight into the field of development aid projects and experience from a private consultancy company collaborating with a wide range of international donors. NCG consists of ambitious partners and colleagues with large networks and knowledge within the development field who also prioritize a relaxed social environment. You will have the opportunity to develop a professional network, access substantial knowledge sharing and gain in-depth understanding of the project cycle of development aid and related interventions.
The internship is a full-time position of 37 hours per week, starting from mid January 2020 until mid August 2020. The position is paid with DKK 5,000/month and NCG provides lunch.
How to apply?
If you are interested in the internship, please follow this link to fill out the application form no later than November 3rd, 2019. Note; both a short cover letter and your CV in English have to be attached. Interviews will be held shortly after the deadline at our office in Amager, which we share with CARE Denmark and DIPD.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
It is much appreciated if you let us know, how you came to know of this vacancy.