DMDP Fall Internship 2020
Are you passionate about international development and business and would you liketo work with multi-stakeholder partnerships in developing countries?
Apply for an internship and join us for a semester full of learning opportunities!
What is DMDP?
The Danida Market Development Partnerships Programme supports commercially oriented partnership projects in Danida’s partner countries. DMDP projects are multi-stakeholder partnerships consisting of commercial and non-commercial partners who aim to developviable business cases with strong development impact.The DMDP Secretariat is currently managing a portfolio of 27 projects. Please visit www.dmdp.dk for more information about the programme and the Secretariat.
Why choose an internship at DMDP?
As part of the DMDP team, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of how multi-stakeholder partnerships can contribute to different Sustainable Development Goals, with a specific focus on goals number 8 and 17. The position provides an opportunity to work closely with competent and experienced consultants within the international development field. The DMDP projects provide a solid basis for interesting case material to possibly be applied in your studies. You will have an opportunity to expand your professional network and access substantial knowledge and in-depth understanding of the project cycle of DMDP and insight into how the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs work in its priority countries.
What do we expect from our intern?
The DMDP Secretariat is looking for an ambitious student, who is interested in pursuing a career in international business and development, and who would like to gain sector insight and work experience. As an intern, you will work closely with the team of consultants in the DMDP Secretariat that is hosted in the Danish consultancy company Nordic Consulting Group. We expect our intern to provide agile support to the Secretariat and we offer a wide range of interesting tasks of varying character. These include but are not limited to:
- Support to the 2020 application process including assessment of concept notes, due diligence of applicants, organising interviews and drafting responses.
- Maintaining and updating DMDP formats for applications and reporting
- Following up on partnership project results measurement
- Analytical work and drafting of inputs to the Secretariat
- Planning and organising meetings and webinars
- Drafting minutes of meetings
- Support for establishing procedures and systems for the operation of the DMDP Secretariat and following up with partnership projects
- Management and update of the Secretariat webpage (www.dmdp.dk)
You are in the final year of your bachelor’s degree or doing your master’sdegree in a relevant field (development studies, business and development, etc). Apart from being an outgoing person with great communication skills, we expect that you have:
- Previous work experience from student jobs, volunteer work or internships
- Strong administrative skills and a structured approach to your work
- Analytical and methodological mindset
- The ability to prioritise, respect deadlines and assume responsibility for your assigned tasks
- A positive outlook, flexible to changeand a willingness to learn
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, and other Microsoft office skills
- Professional proficiency in Danish (or Nordic languages) and English. French is an advantage but not a requirement.
The internship is a full-time position (37 hours/week) from 1 September 2020 to 31 January 2021.
You will receive compensation of up to 5000 DKK a month.