DMDP Spring Internship 2021
Are you passionate about international development and business and would you liketo work with multi-stakeholder partnerships in developing countries?
Apply for an internship and join us for a semester full of learning opportunities!
What is DMDP?
The Danida Market Development Partnerships Programme supports commercially-oriented partnership projects in Danida’s partner countries. DMDP projects are multi-stakeholder partnerships consisting of commercial and non-commercial partners who aim to develop viable business cases with strong development impacts. The DMDP Secretariat is currently managing a portfolio of 27 projects. See the DMDP website (www.dmdp.dk) for more information about the programme and the Secretariat.
Why choose an internship with the DMDP Secretariat?
As part of the DMDP team, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of how multi-stakeholder partnerships can contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, with a specific focus on SDGs 8 and 17. The position provides an opportunity to work closely with experienced consultants within the international development field. The DMDP projects provide a solid basis for interesting case material to possibly be applied in your studies.
You will have an opportunity to expand your professional network and gain substantial knowledge and in-depth understanding of the project cycle of DMDP, and additionally gain insight into how the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs works in its priority countries.
What do we expect from our intern?
The DMDP Secretariat is looking for an ambitious student interested in pursuing a career in international business and development, and who would like to gain sector insight and work experience. As an intern, you will work closely with the team of consultants in the DMDP Secretariat (hosted in the Danish consultancy firm Nordic Consulting Group). We expect our intern to provide agile support to the Secretariat and take on a wide range of interesting tasks. These include but are not limited to:
- Support to the 2020 application process, including assisting with the development of applicants’ full project proposals.
- Receipt and evaluation of yearly project reports from partnerships under implementation and coordinating annual status meetings
- Maintaining and updating DMDP formats for applications and reporting
- Following up on partnership project results measurement
- Analytical work and drafting of inputs to the Secretariat
- Planning and organising meetings and webinars
- Drafting minutes of meetings
- Support for establishing procedures and systems for the operation of the DMDP Secretariat and following up with partnership projects
- Management and update of the Secretariat webpage (dmdp.dk)
You are in the final year of your bachelor’s degree or doing your master’s degree in a relevant field (development studies, business and development, etc). Apart from being an outgoing person with great communication skills, we expect that you have:
- Previous work experience from student jobs, volunteer work or internships
- Strong administrative skills and a structured approach to your work
- Analytical and methodological mindset
- The ability to prioritise, respect deadlines and assume responsibility for your assigned tasks
- A positive outlook, flexible to change and a willingness to learn
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, and other Microsoft office skills
- Natural approach to working with ITC, including online meetings, workshops etc.
- Professional proficiency in Danish (or Nordic languages) and English. French is an advantage but not a requirement.
The internship is a full-time position (37 hours/week) from 15 January 2021 to 30 August 2021.
You will receive compensation of up to 5000 DKK a month.
Please follow this link to fill out the application form no later than October 16th, 16:00 CET. We will review applications on a rolling basis and carry out interviews when we have received relevant applicants. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us using the same email address.