Anton is a senior international consultant with extensive experience with engagement in fragile situations, lagging regions and sub-national conflict and has 25 years of stabilization and development experience including regional and cross-border programming. He is an experienced practitioner in the development-humanitarian nexus and has worked as an analyst on the interface between diplomacy and peace processes and related development investments and operations. His geographical expertise covers East, Central and West Africa and South, Central and South-East Asia. Additionally, he is a senior process facilitator and programme designer with broad experience covering donor engagement and trust funds in fragile states, human rights-based programming, social protection, and gendered community-driven recovery and development in post-conflict and fragile settings.
Anton has worked on Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) programmes in Aceh, Cambodia, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Sierra Leone, Eritrea, the Central African Republic in a variety of roles, including institutional arrangements and reintegration programming; DDR in peace protocols and related security arrangements; and mixed civil-military planning and monitoring teams.
He is a Senior Policy Fellow at the Institute For Human Security, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, MA, USA.
- Conflict sensitivity of development programming in fragile states & situations
- Lagging regions and cross-border programming
- Human mobility, Forced displacement and social cohesion in urban areas
- Community-Driven Development (CDD)
- Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR)
- Gender mainstreaming
Expertise and Services
- Project formulation and design in fragile situations
- Regional programming, including DAC and non-DAC funds
- Social risk and conflict analysis
- Resilience analysis and Theory of Change
- Recovery and Peace Building Assessments (RPBA)
- Institutional capacity building
- Negotiation and mediation of DDR and related security arrangements
- Policy and security analysis