Louise Scheibel SmedPartner
Louise’s ten years of experience has provided her with key qualifications within governance, democratic processes, human rights, civil society and gender equality. She has broad experience conducting large-scale complex evaluations for multi- and bilateral donors and CSOs. As a team member on numerous assignments, she has conducted country, sector and thematic evaluations. She is also specialized in providing capacity development support to CSOs with a focus on gender mainstreaming, human rights-based approach, results-based management including theory of change and strengthening organizational governance structures, oversight mechanisms and monitoring and evaluation systems.
Louise holds an M.A. in African Studies, and a B.A. in Religious Studies and Portuguese. She has carried out numerous large studies, complex evaluations and has gained solid experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and research methods. She has conducted household-, base- and endline studies as well as online surveys, and has substantial experience in participatory qualitative data collection.
Louise has conducted several country evaluations (Ghana and Bolivia) for bilateral donors (Sida, Danida), and thematic evaluations within renewable energy (Sida), water and sanitation, agriculture (Danida) and anti-corruption (Norad). She has conducted numerous CSO evaluations and reviews within gender equality, women’s and children’s rights as well as rights of people with disabilities and indigenous people.
Louise has provided capacity building activities to Sida supported CSOs in Ukraine, Bangladesh and Moldova and supported them in integrating poverty, rights, conflict and environment perspectives into their programming. She supported them in strengthening their governance structures, applying results-based programming based on human rights-based approach and gender mainstreaming.
- Gender equality and mainstreaming
- Governance and democratic processes
- Anti-corruption, transparency and accountability
- Human rights and human rights-based approach
- Women’s rights and empowerment
- Rights of disabilities, children and indigenous people
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) including HIV/AIDS, prevention of female genital mutilation and early, child and forced marriages
- Livelihood, agricultural and rural development
Expertise and Services
- Evaluations (country-, sector, project/programme and thematic evaluations)
- Impact study
- Baseline and end line studies
- Household surveys
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
- Planning, management and reviews
- Capacity development and institutional strengthening of CSOs
- Research studies and applied research
- Quality assurance (QA)
- Europe: Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Greenland, Norway, Sweden, Germany
- Latin America: Brazil (6 months), Guatemala, Bolivia,
- Middle East & North Africa: Jordan
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Ethiopia, Ghana, Mozambique (long-term employment), Zambia, Malawi, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania
- Asia: Bangladesh