Curious about international development and the world of consulting? Apply for an internship and join us for a semester full of learning and insight!
As an intern at Nordic Consulting Group (NCG) you will be part of an exciting cross-disciplinary international consultancy company that carries out a broad range of consultancy assignments globally and, with a special focus on Africa, Asia and Latin-America. Our services focus on all sectors and themes related to international development, however, NCG’s core competencies lie within governance, human rights & equality, climate & environment, sustainable growth, and the humanitarian-development nexus. We carry out a significant number of assignments for a wide range of international clients such as Danida, Sida, Norad, Swiss Development Cooperation, European Union, the World Bank and the UN agencies, as well as various national and international NGO’s.
NCG is looking for an ambitious intern, who is interested in pursuing a career in international development and, who would like to gain sector insight and skills in project acquisition and management. As an intern, you will work closely with our team of project managers, partners and network of external consultants. Your tasks will be of varying character but, with a primary focus on:
- Fast and efficient identification of upcoming and relevant project opportunities
- Daily monitoring and dissemination of project opportunities
- Management and update of company website and social media accounts
- Coordinating the efficient operation of the Secretariat (e.g. re-stocking office supplies, arranging NCG events, coordinating weekly Strategy Meetings and office calendars etc.)
- Providing agile support to Project Managers on ongoing tendering processes
- Coordinating Expressions of Interest and tender proposal deadlines and requirements
- Daily communication and support to NCG partners, clients and consultants
- Supporting contractual, financial and administrative management (e.g. preparing official documents, contracts etc.)
Our ideal candidate is outgoing, service-minded, responsible and a team-player. It is an asset if you are interested in international development and it reflects in your education and professional experience.
Furthermore, we expect you to:
- Be in the final year of your bachelor’s degree or currently studying for your master’s degree in a relevant field
- Have work experience from former student jobs or internships
- Have strong administrative skills and a structured approach to your work
- Have an ability to prioritise, respect deadlines and assume responsibilities
- Be a positive, solution-oriented person with a substantial drive for accomplishment
- Show willingness to learn and develop new skills on a constant basis
- Have a strong command of Word, Excel, Power Point
- Be proficient in Danish and English both orally and written. Good French/Spanish or other language skills will be an advantage
Personal development and professional experience:
At NCG we offer comprehensive insight into the field of consulting services in international development. At NCG you will surround yourself with international experts, who have specialized knowledge on key thematic areas within the development field. You will also work with the dedicated team of Project Managers and learn the ins and outs of development consulting, sector insight, and project tendering, while also prioritizing a relaxed horizontal work environment with place for learning. You will have the opportunity to expand your professional network, access substantial knowledge and gain in-depth understanding of the project cycle of international development tendering and related interventions.
The internship is a full-time position (37 hours/week) starting in the beginning of August 2020 and culminating in the end of January 2021. NCG offers a monthly compensation of DKK 5,000.
If you are interested in the vacancy, please follow this link to fill out the application form by no later than March 4th. Please note that you should attach a cover letter and a CV in English. Kindly state in your cover letter where you have seen this vacancy.
We look forward to hearing from you!