Worked on Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) programs in Aceh, Cambodia, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Eritrea, the Central African Republic in a variety of roles, including institutional arrangements and reintegration programming; DDR in peace protocols and related security arrangements; and mixed civil-military planning and monitoring teams.
He is a Senior Policy Fellow at the Institute For Human Security, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, MA, USA.
- Conflict sensitivity of development programming in fragile states & situations
- Lagging regions and cross-border programming
- Human mobility, Forced displacement and social cohesion in urban areas
- Community-Driven Development (CDD)
- Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR)
- Gender mainstreaming
- Project formulation and design in fragile situations
- Regional programming, including DAC and non-DAC funds
- Social risk and conflict analysis
- Resilience analysis and Theory of Change
- Recovery andPeace Building Assessments (RPBA)
- Institutional capacity building
- Negotiation and mediation of DDR and related security arrangements
- Policy and security analysis