Marie-Louise is a social scientist with 15 years of experience with international development. Her core area of expertise is private sector development and sustainable business. She is specialized in market-based partnerships including partnerships between private companies, organisations, and NGOs and has in-depth experience with facilitating such partnerships and creating common understanding and common grounds.
Marie-Louise is especially well-versed in monitoring, evaluation, and programming for better results management, including theory of change, results frameworks, definition of indicators, monitoring systems, M&E tools etc.
She has full capacity and experience with project cycle activities in relation to development projects and programmes: formulation, appraisal, review, implementation (incl. M&E) and evaluation, including real-time evaluation. Assessments related to relevance, coherence, efficiency, effectiveness, impact, sustainability and additionality of development interventions.
Marie-Louise has worked for a number of international donors, including Danida, Sida, the African Development Bank, and the World Bank, and held a long-term position in Kenya for the Democratic Governance Unit of UNDP. She also regularly works for Danish and international NGOs and private sector clients.
Marie-Louise is furthermore an experienced manager and administrator. She is coordinator of the Danida Market Development Partnerships Programme on behalf of the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Please visit www.dmdp.dk
- Market-based partnerships
- Sustainable business development
- Governance, state and civil society
- Human rights and equality
Expertise and Services
- Programming for better results management, including theory of change, results frameworks, definition of indicators, monitoring systems, M&E tools etc
- Complex evaluation (thematic, cross-country, large-scale), Real-Time evaluation
- Project and programme formulation, appraisal and review
- Project management and budget control
Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda
Europe: Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland
Americas: Washington DC, Colombia