Policy Development and Analysis Training
The objective of the assignment was to coordinate an assignment under the USAID/Tanzania Participant Training Program (PTP), which is implemented by the Institute of International Education (IIE) and their Tanzanian subcontractor, the Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF).
IIE has subcontracted Nordic Consulting Group to develop and facilitate a Policy Development and Analysis training for 25 staff members ("Participants") from the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) of Tanzania, local government, and government ministries. The training consisted of two one-week sessions (initial and follow-on). The objectives of the training were to address an expressed need from the PMO to improve capacity to efficiently and effectively develop and analyze government policy. The training supported departments in the PMO involved in setting policy priorities, delegating responsibilities to relevant Ministries, and tracking policy implementation. The training targeted staff involved in cross-sectorial and private sector policy development and analysis.
Nordic Consulting Group subcontracted the Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI). ESAMI is an intergovernmental African regional management development centre with its head office located in Arusha, Tanzania. The first week of training was implemented from 23rd to 27th November 2015, and the second week of the training took place from 8-12th February 2016.
- Preparation of training agendas for both week 1 and week 2. The training agendas were designed based on the training requests and specific training objectives as formulated in the TORs for the assignment;
- Design end of course evaluation forms to be filled out by participants;
- Analysis and presentation of course evaluation results to the client;
- Coordinate and ensure that all client requests towards the training service provider were met;
- Reporting on participants' Action Plans and ensure that follow up with participants and professional advice and guidance was provided in a satisfying manner.